Role of Coach
Generally speaking, the Coach works with the players. The Manager is responsible for the rest.
Having said that, how each team organises the tasks is up to them, however it is important to know who is doing what….
The main role of the Coach is to:
- Train the players to the best of his/her ability
- Encourage a good sporting attitude and an understanding of the rules
- Bear in mind that all registered players in the team must be given an equal opportunity to play.
- With the Manager, organise the Team Official, a representative for club Coach/Manager’s meetings and parent helpers for the team’s Duty Day
- Given the above, provide a team environment that encourages players to return next year.
- Have an understanding of child protection.
Coaching courses are run from time to time by Macarthur, and when able, at our club. Keep an eye on the Tahmoor Taipans Facebook page as information becomes available.
Be aware , there is a range of information on the MDFRA Site.
This includes courses, news and policies under which we play.
NB: By clicking on the above link, you will be leaving the Tahmoor Soccer Club website and enter the website at your own risk.